Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: MCM sale

  1. #11
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One concern that I always have when taking a photograph, when I know that I'm planning to post it on the internet somewhere, is the security of the privacy of people who will be in the picture, and who happen to be strangers to me. I often try to fix the framing of the photograph so that all the people who will end up in the picture are unidentifyable--their backs are to me, or they are too far away to identify--that is, if they haven't given their permission for me to take their pictures. In a crowded situation, this isn't possible. My concern is that some unscrupulous person on the internet could get access to one of these pictures and then cut and paste to put someone's face into another picture that would embarrass or discredit them, and then post that picture publicly. I know that this is a little paranoid, but things like this can happen, and we do need to be a little sensitive to other people's rights and safety and privacy.

    I'm not saying that people shouldn't take some crowded shots at the sale. I'm just saying that we need to be aware of what we are doing and how it could inadvertently affect other people's lives.
    Joy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 04, 2005 12:32 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Mary Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are photo programs which can blur faces Joy.

    Mary Kate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •